Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Oh My Conventions

Hello Everyone, 

Now that Denver Comic Con is way over and done for, until 2014. Sometimes after every convention  I feel a little empty inside like sadden in away of knowing that I have to wait a whole year for my home state to have another major comic convention. However, Colorado does have smaller conventions throughout the year but no matter what Denver Comic Con is and forever my favorite it was my first Con and since then I've been hooked and will go back every year. In the mean time of waiting , there are some Conventions/Expos that are to die for throughout the world, I do have my own list of Conventions & Expos that I would love to visit sooner then later. Someday my goal is to have visited all of them just to be able to say what is special about each convention, cause people who are not new at the convention scene knows each one has something new and different to enjoy. 

Since there are So, So many Conventions & Expos throughout the world ,sometimes its hard to keep track of them. Here is list below forgive me if I have forgotten some.The ones highlighted in blue are the ones that i am at this moment more interested in going. 

United States


 Canada
·         Central Canada Comic Con (C4) in Winnipeg, MB
·         Hal-Con in Halifax, NS
·         Montreal Comiccon in Montreal,
·         Toronto Comic Con in Toronto, ON
·         Toronto Comicon / Fan Expo in Toronto, ON

I know I did not include the ones over sea's which again forgive me , I just haven't researched them yet to know anything about them but I will get to that sooner then later.  

There is one Convention that I have heard negative things about, which is the San Diego Comic Con International. I have heard its more like a celebrity show off convention then a Comic con , which everyone has the right to come to conventions and others things but if your not a famous celebrity then your a no one  and you get treated like poo, this is what I have heard and I also heard that with cosplayers before you can enter the convention security gets to decide if your costume is worthy enough to come in  (like Bender would say I find that offensive)  and another thing is how they did the ticket sales this year 2013 member ID badges required what happened to just putting in how many tickets you want? 
Please correct me if I am wrong or give me your in put about this convention I would greatly appreciate it, however please do not be rude this is what I have heard from friends or friends about there experiences.  
 I have heard so many  negative things it kinda turns me off , This is one convention I would like to experience since its the big in on new movies coming out but if the convention like this is that strict on Tickets to cosplay to being treated a no one then to me there is nothing to enjoy. 

Colorado Springs & Denver Conventions 
GalaxyFest 
StarFest also known as Comicfest
Costume Con 
of course Denver Comic Con
NDK - Nan Desa Kan
Myths and Legends Con 

My fiance and I have gone to all of the conventions that Colorado Springs and Denver has to offer. However sometimes some of our friends and my fiance and I have been requested to come and talk at a Panel about Worbla and Wonder flex and Foam building. So teaching new people isn't new to us, and in fact we love it. 

So WOW!!! that's a lot I have blogged about today. I am going to call it The END of this blog.  

Thanks for Reading until next time Just Keep Swimming!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment